About the Georgia Tech Chapter of the Acoustical Society of America
The purpose of the Georgia Tech Chapter of the Acoustical Society of America is to increase and diffuse the knowledge of acoustics & promote its practical applications.
Some examples of chapter activities are:
· Meetings with informative talks
· Tours of facilities
· Scientific demonstrations
· Leadership development activities
· Talks at schools & other community outreach
· Dinner meetings
· Student competitions or science fairs
Our main event of the semester is a lecture series centered around acoustics. Our past speakers include Georgia Tech professors and companies that have active acoustic research and applications. Other notable events are the Spring Picnic at the end of spring semester and the Holiday Mini-Conference at the end of the fall semester.
How to Join
GTASA is free to join and there are no obligations as a member. To be added to the email list so you will receive notifications of our speaker events, poster sessions, job opportunities, outreach events and barbeques, follow the instructions below.
Sign up for the GT ASA members email list:
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org from the address you want to subscribe to the list
- In the subject line of your message, type in: subscribe asa-members Firstname Lastname (indicate your own first name and last name)
- Leave the message body blank and send
- Subscription is confirmed when you receive a response from SYMPA